Saturday, December 1, 2007

Arm work and chest isolations on dvd



For the past few days I've only done the first yoga warm-up session, the arm drills and the chest isolations. Since this video, Bellydance and Yoga Conditioning with Ariellah, is so vast and the style is so new to me, I've decided to treat it like a series of classes. We didn't start off doing the entire routine at my 'real' class. We didn't even lean the first hip move until the second class. The first was spent with warm-up stretches, isolations and posture. In the next lesson we did the one hip move the last 15 minutes of class in drills.


I feel I'm getting a bit better at my arm movements. I've been practicing side-to-side chest isolations since day one of class - it's done wonders for my waist! However, the drill in the video has you also sliding your chest forward, then to the other side in a fluid, circular motion. This is NOT easy, even the third time you do it. It is fascinating, though, as this is the first time I've ever moved and have seen my body move like this! I like practicing this one.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for saharing this, we find your posts so honest, refreshing and an inspiration to anyone else wanting to start this art...

Great job from all at GO! Smell the flowers

Anonymous said...

You rock!!1 Keep up the good work and you'll be famous. Then I can say "I knew you when"! (lol)
You know I'm glad to see you're doing Yoga. Eveything you're doing is soo good for your health and spirit!!!...and those who watch this beautiful dance. Thanks for sharing.

Antonia Auditore said...

I'm not being a meanie here, but you should probably share the name of this DVD with your readers if you are going to post a picture of it. I'm pretty sure this is Rachel Brice's DVD. Just saying give credit where credit is due...

Other Bellydance videos

Free Bellydance Video Previews and Downloads

Webring

Powered by WebRing®.