Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Constructive Comment

I received a very constructive comment on my fourth practice video by Jetsetgirl13:

so you have the basics down .. but the intro was boring.. and you didn't do enough with your arms... try the snake arms, and loosen up! bellydancing is fun!

I'm glad she brought up issues that I was already thinking about, and glad that she noticed what I felt - that my 'basics' were down pretty well. Since it was the first time I improvised the routine, I did not interpret the music as well as I could have - it's just another challenge I put before myself that I am happy to undertake.

The following was my response to her:

thank you for your comment. You bring up important issues. I am happily becoming more comfortable with the basics - thank you. Plus, that was one of the few times I combined moves from each side, in addition to mixing up the routine.

We did not do any snake arms in class, and I am only just learning them now with a tribal dvd called Bellydance and Yoga Conditioning with Ariellah I just purchased. My goal is to get the basics down and practice arms more before I record that incorporation. Once I get more familiar with arm and upper body movements I feel my intro will be more appealing. But again, these past vids have served my intended purpose.

2 comments:

Jones. Bridget Jones. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jones. Bridget Jones. said...

Practice makes perfect and you surely will get there BDG :) Good to see that you are getting constructive feedback from your peers.

Thanks for your last visit to Bridget's blog and for your thoughts, always welcome as usual! :)

Other Bellydance videos

Free Bellydance Video Previews and Downloads

Webring

Powered by WebRing®.