Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Weight loss photos and first practice since holiday blitz


I've been trying to scan in the weight loss photos to compare myself before and after I started bellydancing. I've lost 12 pounds, one dress size and and 3/4 of an inch from my waist since I started in September. I got a new computer yesterday - much of a change from my old one I got eight years ago.

I assumed that I'd figure things out by now, and I'd be able to scan some old photos, as well as photos I took yesterday on my digital cam. However, I'm still overcomng some beginner's challenges. The only photos I'm able to download at this time is from my cell phone.

Had a 40 minute practice today. Mostly just isolation drills, a few rounds of the routine I learned in my first class, and finally 10 minutes of my zills. I haven't practiced my zills in a very long time - been focusing on getting down the routine with my new costume. My goal was to get used to doing the routine with the costume, altering it to suit the feeling and timeing to the music I like, add the costume, record the video for observation and progress, then add the zills, work on that for a while, then record another practice video.

After almost a week without practice with the steps, I was rusty on both the steps and the zills - VERY RUSTY on the zills since it's been about a month since I've put them on my fingers. I wanted to do more zill work, since I love the sound; but, my shoulders were getting tired after six days wihout practice, so I decided to cut it short, take a warm bath, and see how I feel later or tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

(off topic comment!)
Google translator widget is available with flags also! It is the same thing which is in your blog, but with the country flag

click here to get it :)

Anonymous said...

YOu are always so helpful. Thank you very much!

Other Bellydance videos

Free Bellydance Video Previews and Downloads

Webring

Powered by WebRing®.