Thursday, November 29, 2007

Great Bellydance and Yoga DVD

I got the yoga/bellydance DVD and it's FANTASTIC! It has 2 yoga sessions with poses that specifically benefit bellydancers, a series of drills, plus choreographed practice sessions. I've wanted to get into yoga for a while now, as I've known it could only benefit my dancing and well-being. I still intend to sign up for classes, as well as a 2nd series of bellydance lessons, but not until after the hectic holiday season.


It's tribal fusion. My lessons were in Lebanese cabaret. The steps I learned did not have any serpentine arm movements. This video focuses on this straight out of the gate. I'm glad. I want to start learning more arm work. Some of the movements I see professional dancers do look so fluid and effortless. I got the hang of it quite well doing just one arm at a time. It wasn't so easy trying to do both at the same time - and this was while standing still! And, the arm drill were also quite a work out! My shoulders are slightly stiff this morning. Not in a bad or painful way - it's that satisfying feeling you have knowing you have reminding you that you are doing something good for yourself.

Since I can't wait to learn more steps, I jumped ahead to the first choreography section. Without finishing all the drills I was really lost. I better stay focused on the drills for now.

1 comment:

Free Money Maker said...

Thanks for adding me as friend in blogcatalouge.

Other Bellydance videos

Free Bellydance Video Previews and Downloads

Webring

Powered by WebRing®.