Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Thanks, Zahira!

Special thanks to Zahira, a beautiful and talented dancer who has given me wonderful advice. I am much too harsh in my movements right now, and trying too hard to remember counts. Zahira reminds me to listen to music and my body.

I took her advice as I was practicing last night. Instead of starting off with the routine and concentrating on the choreography, I simply played my mix CD I got from class, and JUST MOVED. I did this for 20 minutes. I did not let myself worry whether I was doing an actual "move" or "step," I simply did what Zahira suggested and moved like a serpent. I do admit, though, I am concerned with learning the PROPER moves for belly-dance. If I don't respect the art, then what separates me from someone who just buys a hip scarf and shimmies around?

I really enjoyed myself!! And, when I did go back to the routine, I found myself more relaxed, my moves for fluid. I 'heard' the music more!!! Plus, I think Zahira's advice improved my very new zil work as well.

See Zahira's dance videos
on You Tube!!!!

2 comments:

Zahira.Bellydancer said...

Thank you, Dahling! :D
Remember that as you're being your own "dance serpent" it's simply a metaphore for keeping your movements continuous, fluid, and natural. Whether you're doing a sharp hip to a circle to an eight or into a shimmy or mixing sharp with soft....etc.
:D Zahira

BudgetBride said...

Once again, thanks much!!! I am taking what I've learned from you into class tonight!

Other Bellydance videos

Free Bellydance Video Previews and Downloads

Webring

Powered by WebRing®.