Monday, October 15, 2007

Practice after the weekend

I just practiced/danced for the first time since Thursday. I went about an hour, including stretching. My zill work is definitely becoming better!!!!!! I'm not having to think so much about them - 2 right, 1 left, 2 right, 1 left ... Plus, because the zills are becoming more of a part of me, I am finding that I am not counting. Even though the zill rhythm is the same, somehow my mind is categorizing them in four groups; therefore, I'm not counting 1,2,3,4, but relying on the 'knowing' of the zill count. I even did the zills and the part of the routine I know to different speeds of music. After I did the routine for about 30 minutes, I listened to the music and, from the advice of several experienced dancers - I just let myself move to the music. I loved that - although I'm not sure if I did any proper moves with my hips. And, my arms - they were just going all over - flowing and trying to be serpentine. This is helping a great deal - except I've noticed that I have had my palms exposed. More practice on that. Shira and several other fine dancers also gave me some good advice and exercise about balance.

I couldn't/didn't practice this weekend because my boyfriend stayed over my apartment. He knows I'm taking the lessons, and he admits he is anxious to see what I've learned. But I'm not going to show him anything yet. I still need more practice becoming more fluid. Men in general don't like reality getting in the way of their fantasies. I have a feeling if he sees me practicing in pieces, stops and start overs I will not achieve a mutual desired effect.

No comments:

Other Bellydance videos

Free Bellydance Video Previews and Downloads

Webring

Powered by WebRing®.