My reply:
As far as steps go, I like the very first one I learned, because of course that's my best and now easiest move - left foot up on ball and forward, body leaning back slightly, and twisting my left hip out. I also like doing that in a circle with my arms up in an 8 count. This is the only step I know so far that has me moving in a circle - therefore it feels like I'm actually 'dancing.' I can't remember the proper names of these moves. I keep telling myself I should bring a recorder to class.
The most difficult move so far is the side step while 'naturally' moving my shoulder blades. Plus, we used the zils (or zills?) in a three count with this move last night. I swear, patting your head and rubbing your belly while walking backwards is easier at this point ;)
As far as accessories or props (I would love to know the proper terminology), we are only learning zils in this one hour, one time, 8 week class. I'm very interested in learning the veil and sword.
I would love to learn more terminology. If there is a 'directory' or something with the manes of the moves and so forth please let me know ;)



No comments:
Post a Comment