Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Before and after weight loss photos - #2






I was able to find a 'before' photo that is almost the same angle as my 'after' photo. I was a 12, size 6 in the 'after.' I actually have some size 4 clothes from eight years ago that I can fit back into, but I'd say in general I'm a size 6. Thank goodness I didn't throw all of those clothes away - quite an ego boost, and, proof that I didn't give up hope. It took me 8 years to gain @ 25 pounds. I knew I wasn't going to loose all of it in a month, no matter how many actors in doctor's lab coats on TV tell me so. I had realistic goals, and patience.
Again, bellydancing wasn't the only thing I did to loose the weight. I changed my eating habits and portions. However, bellydancing did help me burn calories and tone my muscles, and, it's now my favorite form of exercising.
Honestly, I don't think I was fat in the 'before' photos at all. However, once I stopped the excuses for eating healthier and I started walking around my neighborhood, the pounds started to melt. "I'll go with it," I thought. Then, I started bellydancing and began to notice slight indentations under my skin around my arms, waist and legs. "Oh my, those are my muscles," I thought, "I haven't seen those in a long time!"

1 comment:

SerenityLife said...

Wow! I am really proud of you! I was a size 10 about 2 years ago and it took me a good year to get down to a size 4. It was a lot of exercise too and also cutting out bread from my diet. Portion control I found was key but the best thing like you is exercise. Everyone has to figure out what works best for their body type! I love to dance so I may have to check out a belly dancing class! ;)

Other Bellydance videos

Free Bellydance Video Previews and Downloads

Webring

Powered by WebRing®.