Well, I guess everything is back to normal now. No more excuses. No more chocolate pecan pie, chocolate almonds, homemade toffee. No more worldly tours on cheese platters and in glasses. No more dip at 2pm. Cookies and chocolate are banned at least until February. The holidays are officially over.
The extra calories and lack of dance practice has surprisingly made me five pounds heavier since the last time I hit the scale on December 21st. My last practice was the 28th; and, I was rusty in the first place, due to my birthday and Christmas getting in the way of a daily routine. I worked the tribal additions for a while after stretching. I can't say whether I did well or not, because I have only worked tribal arms a handful of times, and most of those sessions were only for ten minutes or so, not total drills, which I only did two.
I also worked a bit of waist and chest isolations. I really need to concentrate more on this. As I am writing this post, I am thinking of designing my own practice schedule. MORE TO COME ON THIS. I recorded some videos on the 28th, but just looking them over now. Will be posting the practice video on YouTube later and will post my critique here of my recent work.
Oh, about my weight gain - I'm not even going to bring out the measuring tape. I've been so proud of myself that I have lost weight and inches - I don't want to spoil anything. I'm not even going to weigh myself for 2 weeks, when I usually do it weekly; I have been so successful at this - as in the weight-loss, getting into shape and feeling good about myself.
I'm not trying to be a professional dancer. I'm not trying to look like a pro in just a few lessons. I'm just trying to learn and enjoy something I've always been intrigued by, and doing so on my own measurements of time and accomplishments. I blog and I record because I do enjoy taking advantage of the web's ability to provide me with a critique source that includes bellydancers from the professional as well as the novice. It gives me hints on what to look for in my video as well as other videos from dancers. Until my next class starts, this is what I have to work with.
The extra calories and lack of dance practice has surprisingly made me five pounds heavier since the last time I hit the scale on December 21st. My last practice was the 28th; and, I was rusty in the first place, due to my birthday and Christmas getting in the way of a daily routine. I worked the tribal additions for a while after stretching. I can't say whether I did well or not, because I have only worked tribal arms a handful of times, and most of those sessions were only for ten minutes or so, not total drills, which I only did two.
I also worked a bit of waist and chest isolations. I really need to concentrate more on this. As I am writing this post, I am thinking of designing my own practice schedule. MORE TO COME ON THIS. I recorded some videos on the 28th, but just looking them over now. Will be posting the practice video on YouTube later and will post my critique here of my recent work.
Oh, about my weight gain - I'm not even going to bring out the measuring tape. I've been so proud of myself that I have lost weight and inches - I don't want to spoil anything. I'm not even going to weigh myself for 2 weeks, when I usually do it weekly; I have been so successful at this - as in the weight-loss, getting into shape and feeling good about myself.
I'm not trying to be a professional dancer. I'm not trying to look like a pro in just a few lessons. I'm just trying to learn and enjoy something I've always been intrigued by, and doing so on my own measurements of time and accomplishments. I blog and I record because I do enjoy taking advantage of the web's ability to provide me with a critique source that includes bellydancers from the professional as well as the novice. It gives me hints on what to look for in my video as well as other videos from dancers. Until my next class starts, this is what I have to work with.



1 comment:
hmm, yeah everything is back to normal. I too have gain quite a few pounds during this vacation and have to hit extra distance in jogging!
Good luck and Happy new year to you(and for the years to come!)
:)
Post a Comment