Friday, January 4, 2008

Before and after weight loss photos








I finally got photos downloaded on my new computer that shows my bellydance / weight loss success story. The first photo is me at a size 12, the second is me at a size 6. This was not an overnight miracle by far, and it did not happen by bellydancing only. It was my new year's resolution last year to get in shape. I walked and hiked more as well. However, it was bellydancing that toned my muscles.

11 comments:

Adrienne Zurub said...

Congratulations! And especially thank you for stating that it was not an overnight deal!

You obviously set realistic goals and set out to accomplish them. You go grrl!

Adrienne Zurub
Author
http://best.nonfictionbook.ever.com

Lynda said...

I am so proud of you and your obvious happiness about your accomplishment... excellent and nice of you to share with us your success... I so want to learn to bellydance, I love to dance and try to dance most days, but, for sure should learn bellydancing... when I go to Chicago I go to a club where inevitably the bellydancers invite me to shake it up with them and I really like it, lots of fun, indeed... take care, congrats, and, keep it going... great blog...
http://lyndaluv.blogspot.com
http://womanlyn.blogspot.com
http://softsexy.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the inspiration! I too have to drop a lot of pounds and hopefully I'll become slim within a year or two :)

BudgetBride said...

Thanks so much to all of you! Adrienne, thanks - it's one of the first times I didn't set huge, unrealistic goals. I set out to do and discover activities and become more active. I had my boyfriend teach me to throw a frisbee, so now I have another fun way to burn calories and share something with him at the same time! I didn't starve myself, either. Realistic, long-term expectations allow for sensibe eating habits and occasional indulgements.

Anonymous said...

That is awesome.. congrats!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you are so cute! Frankly I thought you were pretty cute at size 12!

Congratulations on a resolution completed!

What's for 2008?? :)

BudgetBride said...

Thanks, FF! I don't think I was fat at a size 12, it's just that it started to go the wrong direction in the last few years. I knew I definitely needed to get healthier, and I didn't want to buy bigger clothes again. Obesity also runs in my family, and I was overweight in my pre-teen years - so I took action.

2008 - I'd like to become a better dancer, and I'd like to get organized!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS to you from ALL at GO! Smell the flowers...

Brilliant!

Added you to our blogroll and we'd love to post about your progress during 2008.

A shame we've just announced a weight loss contest between now and May - anyway you'll be a great inspiration for others so GO! girl....

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.

Michelle HD said...

You look beautiful in both pictures, inside and out. I applaud your weight loss efforts, you worked hard at it and it paid off. I just need to find some motivation for me to do the same thing!!!

Anonymous said...

hey it luks really cooolllllll............

Other Bellydance videos

Free Bellydance Video Previews and Downloads

Webring

Powered by WebRing®.