Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Hip Shake and Flutter

My third class was tonight. I arrived early to work on my paddle turns and double-hip walk. The beginner's class was still going. Like my beginner's class, the floor was packed with women - 14. We started with 16 and ended with 6. Our instructor said that usually happens, especially after the 4th week of beginner's when she starts teaching the zills. It was very cool to see the group learning what I did back in the fall season. For their third class, I think they all did a great job. No one was short of enthusiasm, only experience.

Tonight, we added to our experience by adding several more steps to the routine. We learned two hip shakes. One is called a standing hip shake. I can not remember the name of the other one, but I remember it is named after an Egyptian dance group who is famous for this move, which is an intense twisting of the waist. Both of these moves were fun to learn. I'm having a challenge with the standing hip shake. You have to move your hips up and down - quickly - while standing on the balls of your feet. it's not easy for me. My teacher said to work on it more this week, and to come in early next weel so her daughter can work with me on it a bit more. The second hip move - the quick and sharp waist twisting - I got, she says. "Oh, yes, you got it."
Glad I got something down! Glad I wore my hip scarf in class tonight - it was really jingling!

New shoulder move, too.

We were making some more noise tonight as well. We did the entire routine with the zills - and I was much better with them tonight than I thought I'd be.

We ended class with an introduction to the 'flutter.' The flutter is when you move your diaphram very quickly, causing your belly to flutter. The other two students and I did it, all to our own surprises, but none of us can do it quickly yet. More homework.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

GIRL YOU LOOK SO GOOD, AND YOU DO A GREAT SHIMMY...LOOKS SO FUN..I ALWAYS LOVE TE BELLY DANCER...TMPTING YOU WITH THE SEDUCTIVENESS BUT JUST ENOUGH TO TEASE YOU...BEAUTIFUL...SHOUD OF TOLD ME I WOULD OF JOINED THE CLASS WITH YOU...I LOVE DANCING..I USED TOGO TO THE CLUBS SOBER NEVER DRINKING JUST TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE DANCING I ALSO TOOK A FEW AFRICAN DANCE CLASSES...I TAKE DANCING VERY SERIOUS AND YOU ARE VERY GOOD KEEP IT UP AND YOU BODY LOOKS GREAT NICE FLAT ABS...AND YOUR GLOWING ....MUCH LOVE BELLYDANCER

Anonymous said...

sorry i spelled my nickname wrong mechief

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting! Yes, we should go to class together! If you want, I'll take you next week to watch. I have to go early anyway, so we'll go even earlier so we can see the beginner's, that have only learned the first four moves. If you like it, I'm pretty sure she'd let you in and pay the difference.

Leena Helttula said...

Hi,

you look good!
I just tagged you http://conceptisaddict.blogspot.com/2008/02/meme-from-meemoe.html

Other Bellydance videos

Free Bellydance Video Previews and Downloads

Webring

Powered by WebRing®.