Thursday, September 11, 2008
I'm Late and I Lied
I was supposed to post this a few days ago. Been quite busy lately.
Labels:
bellydance,
black gothic skirt,
E.L.F.,
makeup,
mosavo,
vlog,
You Tube
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A blog to chronicle and share my initial experiences with belly dancing, as well as my weight loss success.
4 comments:
Wow, great improvement in the arm work!
Can I just ask one thing, when you do a hip-up movement, do you push up with your feet? Because it's really just about the hip moving up - you should even be able to do hip-ups with your foot off the ground - and it seems you push one side of your body up, instead of isolating the hip? You can practise this isolation by sitting down on a chair, and pulling your hip up by using your obliques (belly muscles). You shouldn't use any other muscle than those obliques, not even the muscles in your bum.
Also, now that you've got the hang of the arm movements it might be a good moment to focus on your hands. Sometimes they tend to 'flutter' more than move very slowly, deliberately and intentionally. I found quite a good video here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hs_bYhbj08&feature=related
Hope this helps!
Wow, what a great idea! I never thought of using a blog to track my progress in belly dance. On second thought, maybe I won't - it would be too obvious that I'm spending MUCH to o much time on the internet and not enough dancing!
Hey WontletLife ....
I feel that I should be paying you for professional instruction! No one has told me yet in professional lessons because I've learned other moves that we focused on. Since I have to wait until winter to take my next class (which will deal more with undulations than travel&basic steps), your instruction has been a godsend as I try to continue on my own.
Marisa,
LOL - I know what you mean! I was worried I'd be too occupied too - lol.
However, when I committed myself to a blog devoted to bellydance, it actually motivated me more. After all, I'd need something to write about. ;)
Post a Comment