Thursday, July 10, 2008
Arm work - concentration on left
I'm happy to say that this video and the video below in my last post has been inspired by wontletlifedefineme.
She has recently given me some great direction for my arms - or I should say shoulders ;)
She is so right about how much better my arms and entire body move when I concentrate on the shoulders and a lower force of energy - my lower body. I really wish I recorded this at the beginning of my practice, as I sometimes do. It was so hot and humid after 30 minutes for the video below, and I was really tired. Plus, when I wasn't recording I was better at keeping my head still, and really saw how much the shoulders affect the artistic impression, visualization and isolations. It's amazing how much you can work a set of muscles by moving them slowly in a fun and graceful way. I have to admit, I still feel 'the burn' in my shoulders - just like I used to when I lifted small weights for toning. This is definitely a lot more fun, though I'm sure a little of that added into my workout wouldn't hurt my health or my arm work :)
Labels:
arms,
belly chain,
belly dance,
bellydance,
isolations,
vlog,
wontletlifedefineme,
You Tube
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
You're really improving!
By the way, this instructional might help you even more:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgldDna7VjI&feature=related
Thanks VERY much for the vid and your compliment!
Post a Comment