It's hard to just be a bellydancer these days.
You can quote me on that.
Yes, it has been a while since I have written anything. It's hard to beleive how quickly time does pass, as tomorrow evening is my last class in the second course.
We learned the entire routine. It's beautiful, and, I don't do it justice as of yet. I did miss a couple of classes. Once I missed because I was at deadline with my new job. Two weeks later I missed due to an Arctic blast that buried my car in my open parking lot. Our final class should have been last week but we were able to extend it, as one class had to be omitted this semester due to the cafeteria we learn in was a voting center for the US primary elections. Go Obama!*
* this is a personal blog that focuses on my progression with my new hobby. Even more so, this is MY PERSONAL space where I can say what I want, when I want, about whatever I want at that time; therefore, do not view my political statements to be an invitation to enlighten, inform, insult or disagree with my decision. So, please do not post anything that expresses disagreement to promote a debate, for I do not wish this to be a place for it. (but if you really want to tell me something about it or want to know why I feel this way, email me at bellydancergirl07@yahoo.com. Intelligent debates and questions will be answered - blanketed, stereotypical and/or foul statements/jokes, etc... will most probably be ignored and blocked.
Also, I have been working like mad with the new job. Really enjoying most parts! Not enjoying some fires that I've been having to put out from before I jumped on. But, looking forward to smoother sailing ahead.
Also spending as much time as I can with my boyfriend, as he is going out of town for his job. He leaves a week from now. We really don't know how long he's going to be gone and this is the first time we've been apart even since we've been friends, so we aren't looking forward to the goodbye. So, I've been prioritizing, I guess you can say.
Plus, visiting a friend who is about to give birth and a friend who gave birth a few months ago. And, consoled a friend who had a fantastic three weeks with a guy she met, only to have it blow up in her face on his birthday, just a few days before hers. Actually - it was best she learned quickly (though not without pain), he was an asshole.
I've practiced a bit, though not as much as I have needed to to get the transitions right and the moves in the right order. I can do the moves, it's just hard to remember all of them in a row, and also a few of the transitions, since soe of the moves do not land on the starting foot for the next step.
And to think I was complaining at the end of the last course I only know 5-6 moves. I've "been shown" at least twice that now, and can't remember all fo them in order - lol.
Anyway, it is still just as fun and just as much of a stress reliever when I find the time to do it - (haven't done a 60 or 40 minute session in forever - 15-20 minutes at most).
Monday, March 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment