Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Tummy Flutter and Practice to Track #3 - Serpent's Rapture




an Improv today to TRACK #3 - Serpent's Rapture by Mosavo from the album I mentioned two posts before. Oh goodness, I need more apractice on arms, especially my left - looks too stiff. I'm happy with the tummy flutter.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

It's wonderful to watch these practice videos of yours. Can I give you some constructive criticism though?

I've been bellydancing for almost 4 and a half years now and two things I noticed in your dancing:
- when you move your arms you move them from the elbow. Try and lift your arms from your shoulders instead (practice by relaxing your whole arm, lifting it from the shoulder, to the upper arm) and try and move your arms as if they're moving through honey - slow and fluid. It might help with the stiffness in your arms you wrote about.
- second you seem to have the same problem almost every western bellydancer has: your energy is too high in your body. I have the same thing too, and our teacher recommended us to visualise there's a heavy 'tail' pulling your tailbone down to the ground, making your hips the center of gravity of your body. Try and dance on flat feet, connecting to the earth, and always dance with your knees bent a little.

Maybe if you try these techniques bellydancing becomes even easier for you. You're on the right track! :)

-Marjolein

BudgetBride said...

Your insight and and assistance are greatly appreciated!!! I've only had two classes - with no arm work at all. I am so happy you mentioned the shoulders before I trained my arms to move incorrectly. My instructor was mainly showing us the basic foot moves before we progressed. And, I have been told by her as well to keep my steps smaller. She never mentioned upper body vs. lower body energy; I'm guessing it's either because we have not learned arm work yet, or it's because she's a westerner. ;)

Again, I can't tell you how much you have inspired and helped me!

Other Bellydance videos

Free Bellydance Video Previews and Downloads

Webring

Powered by WebRing®.