Thursday, May 22, 2008

Personal Update

Ok, I'm done playing "Port Royale 2." I made it up to the level beyond Real Admiral. I did not get all the way to Admiral - I just don't remember what the other Admiral rank was. Once I got businesses going in all regions of the Carribean I got bored - thankfully, since I was spending TOO much time on it trying to increase my wealth and reputation in the 17th century. As the publication I work for heads into high gear for the upcoming deadline, it is best that I focus on wealth and reputation in the 21st century. If only I could make 14 million in 3 hours like I did in the game .....

Ok, since I have to prepare for deadline, there have been a few things I have done and enjoyed lately that I will not have time to do in the next few weeks. Cooking is one of them. Well, I should say healthy or balanced cooking - not cereal and Seinfeld for dinner. Once I get tight into my deadline I may once again (and again) surrender to the siren's call of a $5 one topping pizza, 4-7 pm, (pick-up only) from the pizza parlor just a few corners down. I get mushrooms, onions or hot peppers on it and convince myself I'm eating healthy.

I made chocolate pecan pie yesterday!. It's a favorite shared my my boyfriend and myself. I made it for his birthday last year since he does not like cake. Since then, I have made it quite often; not just for him, but also for his co-workers, our families and our friends. It's soooooo SUPER-DUPER easy!!! Especially if you use a graham cracker or other pre-made crust. Even if you don't have a pre-made crust, my mom gave me the EASIEST recipe for a VERY flaky crust. I made a couple last week for a friend's party and two last night. We almost devoured one between ourselves. He took the other one to work. I have a request to make at least three more, so everyone at his job will get an ample slice.

Dance practice - not as much as I'd like to say. If I was due for my first public recital I'd feel pretty guilty about not practicing at least every other day. But I'm just doing this for fun. Yes, I have a conviction to practice and improve for my own sense of fulfilment - but I can not let an activity I took up to releive stress become an additional stressor in my life because I am too harsh judging my progress. Even if I never get good enough to perform, I am still thrilled to enter into the world of this beautiful ancient art form.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gamer Girls of the world unite!

Your pie pics make me hungry!!

intrepidideas said...

Okay,You've just tapped into another one of my favorite things. Chocolate Peacan Pie.... Are you reading my mind? Home Made is the best!

Other Bellydance videos

Free Bellydance Video Previews and Downloads

Webring

Powered by WebRing®.