Yes, I have been practicing, though not as much as last week. No, I have not recorded any additional videos. With another week with a bit of time to spare before another production schedule for my job, I indulged the child in my and started plaing a very addictive video game.
Yes, I have a confession, I am a part-time gaming geek! No, I did not just buy the new "Grand Theft Auto." I'm not into the fighting/action games. I go nuts for city-building and economic simulation games (even more 'geekier', right?).
The game I am playing now is "Port Royale 2
." It's an economic simulation game set in the Carribean in the 17th century. The goal is to trade goods with other islands/countries and build your wealth and reputation. In a few days I have gone from 'cabin boy' to 'commander.' I'm a Spainard who is now successfully trading with the Netherlands and France. I've got businesses all over the North Coast of South America - growing food and producing items like clothing and rum. It's silly, I know, but I'm having a blast. I used to play Tropico and Pharoah - city buildig games. I still love them both but this Port Royale 2 is even more challenging, as you need to manage your businesses in multiple settlements, whereas in the other two - where you only have to manage one city.
I will be practicing later, and perhaps I will record it for a video. It depends on my arm work and flutter. If I really need more work on those goals, or if I feel I'm really dong well I will record and post later.
Yes, I have a confession, I am a part-time gaming geek! No, I did not just buy the new "Grand Theft Auto." I'm not into the fighting/action games. I go nuts for city-building and economic simulation games (even more 'geekier', right?).
The game I am playing now is "Port Royale 2
I will be practicing later, and perhaps I will record it for a video. It depends on my arm work and flutter. If I really need more work on those goals, or if I feel I'm really dong well I will record and post later.



4 comments:
Wait a second... Who are you calling a geek? I'm a total Civilization nerd. I was hooked on Tropico too for a while. This is so funny! I've taken a look at Port Royale 2. That's a new one for me. But it looks great. I can see how I could easily become an addict. I've always been into the swashbuckling thing. You are a bad girl. Shame on you for tempting me so!
lol! Wow - were we separated at birth? I tried Civilization years ago - and didn't grasp the turn-by-turn thing. I almost thought of looking it up and downloading it to try it now, but I think that will take up another week or so of my life. I already have quite a pile of laundry on the floor and dishes in the sink - lol!
A week is a gross understatement. If you start civilization... (Don't do it!) we're talking months of fun and entertainment at the least. Don't blame me. One of my neighbors gave me a copy of Civ IV. I've had it under lock and key for months. Everytime I go near it, alarms sound and land mines go off. I'm tempted to start a game right now but I'll hold off. I've got clothes in the the machined right now and other chores to do.... (smile). I've always wanted to get hooked up to a multiplayer network. That would be fun. Is Port Royale multiplayer?
No, it's not - at least not that I am aware of. I did not even know that existed in this day and age until one night over my friend's, passing by her son's room I thought he was talking - and yelling - at himself. As I was about to suggest calling NAMI for some tests, she led me out of the 20th century and told me he was playing online with others.
Post a Comment